With writing this post I have been inspired by Shopaholic Nicol. As a mother I don’t have so much time to watch youtubers, but this girl I appreciate. Firstly she loves good breakfasts as much as I do:) and she is authentic, open and not affraid of topics which are much more deeper then the usual YouTube content.
The main differences are:
You would visit them probably every week (once or twice a week, one session is usually between 20 and 40 EUR).
It is highly recommended to find a psychologist when:
- you have problems to sleep
- you feel anxiety, you go through states of panic or you are in a period when
- you cry a lot even without any objective reason
- you still cannot process a traumatizing experience
- you dont have any particular life energy for a longer period of time
Be aware that a really good coach is not even trying to replace the services of a psychologist (the exception is when he/she has such a education). A good coach has a list of psychologists and is able to recommend one.
With a coach you will work on – your goals, your life expectations, your values and your future. Usually it is enough to have one or two sessions per month and the length of a contract is related to a specific topic you have.
A serious coach will offer you a free trial session, but most importantly, they are no upfront payments (or pre-paid packages). The same as with a psychologist – the coaching process is longterm work, but this doesnt mean you will be satisfied after a couple of sessions. Unfortunately, there are a lot of coaches in the market – some of them great, usually working for large companies, with appropriate education and they charge quite significant amounts. And the others – coaches with no appropriate education or experience, very often having strong marketing. That means, that the prices vary a lot (corporate coaches cost usually from 200 to 400 EUR per session, lifestyle coaches between 40 to 100 EUR).
What are the specific topics great for a coach?
- you miss vision, mission or meaning in your life
- you have the feeling that nothing particular is happening in your life
- you are not able to achieve the things in your life
- you need to set a strategy on how to reach your goal
- the same unpleseant situations are reoccuring in your life and you have
- the feeling, that is because of your attitude
- you just experience a new situation in your life (parenting, new job